Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Busy day

Ethan and I had sooo much fun today. Although Ethan went back to bed this morning till 10 Mommy stayed up and did some packing and emailing. Then we went to a play group with other Mommies and babies and we had a BLAST!! For a child that is usually the life of the party, Ethan was so quiet and just took all the other babies in. He did swipe a few toys LOL but mostly just watched everyone. Then as if that wasn't enough we went to another play group but this one was a class about sign language for babies at a play center. We had so much fun he fell asleep right there in my arms with all the babies and other children playing and screaming.

I am so proud of myself. I not only got up early but also did some housework and still managed to take Ethan out for some fun. I am so happy tonight I feel like I am floating. Today was a huge day for me in accomplishing the road back to the real Amy. For the first time in a long time I am looking forward to tomorrow.

On another note, I am a die-hard believer in teaching babies to sign. Ethan has been able to sign milk since he was 5 months and let me just try to explain the frustration it has saved us. He now uses the same sign for eat in general and it makes it so easy to know what he wants to make him happy. I honestly believe that the reason he is always happy is because I am able to understand him through his signs and cries. He is the most content and independent child I know but not with a nasty attitude (then it would have been me LOL). I think that any that interacts with an infant should know the basic signs to not only teach them but also to be able to understand the children that already know the signs. Check out www.signwithme.com.

No comments: