Monday, December 19, 2005

2005 Reflection

Where to begin...This year started out with me being told my Father was going to die, 2 days before my due date with Ethan (Jan 16th). Then my year became amazing when on January 20th, at 2:37pm the baby I had been carrying for 10 months and 4 days was born and we finally found out that it was a BOY!!!! That was all before the end of January.

My year has definitely been the most amazing and special year ever because of the blessing of Ethan. So anything I say that might make it sound less special than that is by far just the typing!

Once January started to become February we noticed that something was just not right with me. Those of you who know me or have read previous blogs know what I am talking about. Still 11 months later I am still struggling with post partum (PP). I am finally sleeping more than 1 or 2 hours a night though so that is WONDERFUL!

The middle to end of the year had us deciding we were going to build a house close to my parents so we needed to move and sell our house. So back to the PP, moving was not a good thing to do. I did not manage well at all but I did it and I am still trying to get it together.

Thanksgiving saw a huge breakup of my family due to my sister. I don't even want to go into to much detail since it still peeves me but needless to say she is back trying to get in our good graces. I can tell you she is on very thin ice.

Within all this mayhem were some of the most amazing and special moments for both Jason and I. Ethan's firsts: pictures, word (yeah), sitting up, Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, crawling, clapping, waving, giving five, mocking, saying Dada, kisses, trying to walk, wanting his Mommy even when Grandma was holding him.

It brings tears to my eyes writing this not because of the bad things but because of how blessed Jason and I are. We are so thankful and so happy to have had everything this year.

No comments: